Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I know it a day late, but happy Mothers Day to all those mothers out there, especially my own mother. It was a fun day. Scot had been planing this great gift for a couple weeks. It was so sweet of him! It is hard to see from the picture. He had my sister in law Amy help him. (Thanks Amy!) They used the words from Julie Beck's talk from October confrence about Mothers who know. The words are in the middle and surrounding it are pictures of our family at all different stages of our lives together. It is so amazing I love it. But the best part is how much thought he put into it.
My kids also gave me cute gifts that they had made. Ben's was a keychain that says I love mom. Emma gave me several things, she likes to create. My favorite was a book about me. She says that I am 7 feet, 78 inches tall. Wow! And I only weigh 20 pounds. That was pretty exciting. I love being a mother, but especially for priceless moments like that.
We visited Scot's mom, and then went to dinner at my parents. My dad and Scot had totally organized the whole thing. THe ladies didn't have to do anything. Scot went to so much work marinating salmon and steaks and then cooking them. Everyone loved the food. He also made a Jello with a whole pound of strawberries in it. Good Job Scot! You are the best.

2 comments:

DeDee said...

Okay...I am officially and incredibly impressed! What a great day with a great guy. Happy belated Mother's Day!

kecia said...

way to go scott! that is so cute and very impressive of him! looks like a fun mother's day!