Sunday, March 9, 2008

Gray Hair & Memory Loss

First of all I have been a total slacker on my blog. I have been so busy, and whenever I have a chance to blog I can't think of anything to blog about because my mind is totally fried. That happened after having a 3rd child. I can't think a clear, conherent thought anymore. And remembering what I did yesterday makes me laugh, since I can barely remember ten minutes ago. Lucy woke up hardly able to breath last night, so I ran her to a night time clinic. When they asked me her birthday, I just looked at her like she had asked me about the theory of relativity. And the crazy thing is that her birthday is in two weeks. I did finally remember, fortunately. That is the first sign that I must be getting old. The next is the drastic increase I have had in grey hair. I mean I know I am turning 30 next month, but I don't feel any older than twenty. Except when I brush my hair and see that it is most definently going grey. Fortunately, since I seem to not be able to remember things day to day, it is like I rediscover it every morning. But that is kind of depressing. Well I am sure a little hair dye can do the trick for my hair, but I am not sure what will help my mind. Oh well! Emma tells me that since I am going to be 30 it is all downhill from here.

4 comments:

Viramontes Family said...

Awww, you have NOTHING to worry about! Like you said, a little hair dye will do the trick (or go natural - gray hair is beautiful!)!I'm gearing up for my 28th bday and all I can think about are these crazy wrinkles forming around my eyes, and unfortunately I just really don't think botox is an option! I guess it's all about accepting our natural beauty :^D As for the memory loss, I think that's synonymous with motherhood!

DeDee said...

I am right there with you (and then some)! My memory is frightening! Sorry to hear Lucy is sick (I was wondering since you were gone today. We have a change in VT.) Hope you guys get well soon!

Julie said...

I can so relate. It's scary how forgetful I've gotten in the last year. Sorry Lucy is sick. Thanks again for having Emma give the talk yesterday...she did so great.

beckee said...

OK-so this whole 30 thing sucks! I am dreading September...it just feels like 30 is officially old. Especially when you combine it with all the stuff you wrote about!!