At the begining of February Ben turned 6. I can't believe it! He is so big. He is such a sweet and tender hearted little boy. Scot always wants him to be good and sports and things, but he tries and for the most part just isn't that interested. He would much rather be reading or doing puzzles or playing games. (If he can't find anyone to play with him he sets up his puppies and they play games together. It is very cute.) A couple weeks ago Ben's primary teacher called to tell us a story about Ben. She said that at the end of the lesson she bore her testimony. She looked over at Ben and he was crying. She asked him if he was ok and he said "sometimes when I am really happy my eyes get wet". That was a proud parent moment. And we take those when we can get them. I was so glad that she called to share that with us.

On Ben's birthday I surprised him with a trip to Ikea to pick out a new desk chair. He picked a yellow one, his favorite color. Then we had lunch at the cafe. My kids love eating there. And I like it way better than McDonalds.

Then we had Ben's sisters give him their presents. They both gave him stuffed puppies. He got a German Shepherd police dog that he named Chocolate Chip.

And a giant Clifford dog that is almost as big as him. he is not lifting it up in this picture. Unfortunately Clifford, much like a real dog, sheds all over the house. And his fur is red. We have now confined him to Ben's room.

That night we went bowling with my sister and mom. Lucy looked so cute in her little bowling shoes.

Ben liked to sit under the ramp. It was a lot of fun, and we finished off the night to Ben's favorite spot, Pizza Factory. Yumm! Breadsticks!
Happy Birthday little Buddy! We love you and are so glad to have you as part of our family.
3 comments:
I like Ben.
Ah, what a cute boy! Looks like you had a fun birthday celebration.
I am somewhat jealous about the Pizza Factory Breadtwists... I will never eat them again. :( Oh well, you go ahead and enjoy them for me. :)
i love the ikea cafe too! LOVE the story about Ben in primary! SO sweet! It is so nice when people take the time to share those moments with parents!
Post a Comment