Sunday, January 4, 2009

Finally.... the Christmas post!

Well I realize that Christmas was quite awhile ago, but my life has been crazy! But I also couldn't just skip blogging about Christmas. It was such a fantastic couple of days that just wouldn't be right.
We started Christmas with our annual Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's house. It was wonderful as usual. Then we were able to exchange gifts with my brothers and sisters families. Everyone was so thoughtful! As is tradition we all got our Christmas pajamas from my mom. They kids loved them!
The next morning was Christmas. Once again our children slept until late. How did we get to be such lucky parents?! No normal kids sleep in on Christmas. I guess that is my answer... my kids are not normal.
Emma loved the new reading chair that Santa brought her. She spends a lot of time in it. That's great though, because she is reading.
The dolls (babies) that Lucy got for Christmas, are her favorite thing! That is pretty much the only thing she plays with.

Of course, Ben got a new puppy. He named him Daddy. He was so worried before Christmas because he forgot to tell Santa that he wanted a puppy. He asked me everyday if I thought that Santa knew he loved puppies.

Somehow these pictures got out of order... but this is the kids waiting to see whether or not Santa came. Emma does not look excited! Isn't she a little young to be concerned how she looks in the morning.

This is the plate of cookies and celery the kids left for santa. The were concerned that the milk would get yucky just sitting out waiting for Santa. So Emma wrote a very cute note. She told him to get some milk from the fridge and that the reindeer could each have one celery, except there were two for Rudolf.
After the festivities at home, it was off to Scot's parents to celebrate with his family. It was another great time. Everyone really took their time in thinking of gifts for people. And of course the kids loved playing with their cousins.
Then to top of the day we stopped by my parents house to wish them a Merry Christmas! It was a wonderful holiday! It was so great to spend time with family and enjoy this very special holiday. We love you all and are grateful for you!




3 comments:

Recksieks said...

I know I was there on Christmas Eve but it was really fun to read about your kids and what you did on Christmas day. Cute Pics!

Michelle said...

I laughed at Emma hiding her face Christmas morning. THe other kids are smiling away with crazy hair. :)

kecia said...

So cute! I love the story of Ben and the puppy! cute idea for the reading chair too! I should try that!