Friday, September 7, 2007

What I should be doing....

Well, rather than blogging I should be packing up my house to move. We finally got the all clear on the inspection and the appraisal on both houses. So I should be boxing up our many, many possesions. However, I was just sitting around reading blogs and feeling guilty.
Then I realized why I haven't done anything yet... I don't think that it has quite sunk in that in 3 weeks this will no longer be my house. This place that I have invested so much of myself in will belong to someone else. That just doesn't seem real. We have lived here for over 7 years, that is most of our marriage, and it is hard to imagine our family in another place. Our kids have never know anything different.
But I am also really excited about cleaning and organizing everything. I really need more places to put stuff! But that is another reason I am slacking, because that is a lot of work and I am tired. (Of course I am usually tired, especially since Lucy is not sleeping through the night. So I suppose if that is my excuse then I would never pack up my house.) Well that is life I suppose. I am going to miss this house and all the memories we have had here, but I am excited for the new opportunities, and memories that await us in the new house.
I would like to say however, that I never thought that buying and selling houses would be this stressful. I have hit my maximum stress level! So hopefully nothing else will fall into my lap. (Famous last words.)

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm the queen of putting things off...I know how you feel. So much to do that you just don't know where to start! Part of me wants to move just so I can get rid of all the stuff we've collected over the years that we really don't need!

kecia said...

it really is a weird feeling to leave your house-and you have been there way longer than we were too. i love your deals section on your blog-i look forward to being informed on that!