Friday, December 2, 2011

Big Boy

We have officially moved Spencer to a  big boy bed.  He is loving it.  Most the time he stays in his bed and he only falls off about once a week.  But he loves it!  He is growing up so fast.  That has been kind of hard for me.  In a lot of ways I want him to stay my baby, just how he is, only all the way potty trained would be really nice.  That is a baby thing I am not sad to give up.  All my kids are growing so fast I feel like if I blink that I miss something.  And to be honest I am not really prepared for all of the things that growing up means for my kids.  Life is crazier when they are little, but it seems simpler in a lot of ways.  There are less outside influences to deal with and they don't want to do things that make me worry the whole time they are away.  I can pretty much control all the influences in their lives.  But I guess it is just part of life.  My parents let me grow up after all.  Although sometimes not with out a fight.  So here's hoping that as my kids grow they can will be well rounded, functioning citizens, obedient, polite, have strong testimonies, but most of all happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find the phrase.." he only falls out once a week"...rather funny! I love it! It is sad that the kiddos are growing up so fast. Letting go of some of their child like things and becoming more grown up. Ugh...oh well, I guess we can't stop it. I guess we'll just have to enjoy each day as much as we can!