Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Emma's Birthday

I am desperately behind and in no hope of really catching up how I would like. I didn't help that we got a new computer and so I had to transfer all my pictures and now it won't let me edit them, so rather than looking at all the pictures sideways. There will just have to be less for the time being. And we will just have to catch the highlights of the last couple months.
We had the family over to celebrate Emma's birthday. She chose cheesecake for her cake, because she doesn't really like regular cake. It was a hit. And as always, we love having our family around to celebrate with us.
Emma turned 11. I really can't believe it. And this fine picture is the best I could do from her birthday because all the others were turned to the side. Emma is growing into a great young lady. She is becoming more responsible and really developing her own personality and idenity, especially with her friends. She still has her moments of complete and total dramatic melt down, but I don't really expect those to totally go away.
She is a great big sister and loves her younger brothers and sister. She is trying to be more independent and do more things for herself, like her hair, even if I wouldn't do it that way. It is a little bit of a struggle, but I am trying to allow her that independence.
Emma is very smart, a great reader and an exceptional writer. She would really like to be a published author someday. She is often found typing away on the computer writing her stories.
She is also growing like a weed. I feel like I have to buy her new pants every few months!
Most importantly, as parents we are so proud of her and the choices she is making!
We love you Peanut!

No comments: