Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Perks of a new job

You know, there are times in life when you feel like life is going pretty well and you kind of feel like you have a handle on they way things go for the most part. I have learned that I should stop trying to feel that way, because as soon as I do things get nuts! And then all the changes happen and I don't do well with change.
Well needless to say, towards the end of last year I was feeling pretty good. Life was hectic and a little crazy, but I felt like we were doing well and that we were all pretty happy around here. And as a mom I felt like I was in a good groove with the house and kids, etc. That was a mistake because I guess Heavenly Father decided it was time for both Scot and I to do a little growing and stretching. To make a long story short, Scot was offered a job, kind of out of the blue from the LDS church. After a lot of prayer and discussion, and tears on my part, we decided that it was the right thing to do even though it didn't make a whole lot of sense. We took a significant pay cut and it kind of turned our life upside down for awhile. Actually we are still trying to figure some of it out. We also had some other changes happen all about the same time and it made me feel very overwhelmed. Actually if I am being completely honest I am still very overwhelmed. But I have to keep reminding myself that I Heavenly Father wants this for us, we can do anything. And it will all be better in the long run. One thing I have really loved however, is that Scot no longer travels. It has been an adjustment, mostly for him, but I am so happy to have him home more!
All jobs come with perks. It just varies what those might be. One fun one that Scot and I got to participate in was the Hotel Utah 100 year celebration. Scot helped with some of the ligistics so we both got invited to the dinner celebration. It was amazing! I got to get dressed up and join Scot downtown. (Behind us in this picture is an ice sculpture, it was amazing.) It was such a great night. There were people dressed in 1911 period dress, the food and decorations were unbelievable. The first presidency and half the 12 apostles were there, as well as the governor and the mayor. It was just such a great thing to be a part of. So we count our blessings were we can, and keep praying that everything with be according to our Father's will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your hair looks awesome!!!

Becca B said...

So cool. I liked working in that building.