Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Chicago

About a month ago, Scot and I were able to get away, without the kids. (A great big thank you to my mother for watching my kids, and my sisters for helping out!!) When the U announced the football schedule we decided we wanted to take a trip to the Notre Dame vs. Utah football game. And it would be a good excuse for us to go somewhere without our kids for the first time in more than four years. We decided to stay in Chicago because there are more options and it gave us more to do when we weren't at the game, which actually wasn't much of the time. And neither of us had ever been there before. Scot's parents also came, and it was fun to spend some time with them since they are leaving on a mission soon.
Most of our sight seeing in Chicago was in the dark, but it was beautiful and night and I really loved walking around the city.
We spent the whole day Saturday at the football game.

The campus was really lovely and there were so many fans there for both teams. We really enjoyed meeting up with some of our friends and touring the campus.
It was a great stadium and kind of the Mecca of football. So that made it worth going. The game however was not fun. The Utes really stunk, and it rained the whole first half. But even so, we still enjoyed having the experience.
And above all it was so great to have a few kid free days to spend with each other.
One kind of crazy moment was coming home, our first flight was delayed. So we probably would have missed our connecting flight. But Scot ran up to the top and hailed a handicapped cart so we could zip through the airport with Scot's parents. And then they held the flight because the cart guy told them we were coming. It was crazy, but I was so glad that we didn't miss our flight. I think my mom was glad too.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Fun! I've never been to Chicago. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you and Scot were able to get a way with out the kiddos...I think it helps you remember why you fell in love. P.S. I still really like this hair cut on you, you look great.