Friday, March 26, 2010

Traveling across the world with 4 kids Part 1

When Scot and I decided to take the whole family to London, all I could think about was how long the flight was and the unknown of how my kids would do with that. Well I am pleased to report that my kids are great on airplanes. They all were amazing (except for Spencer for part of the flight home)! I was so proud of them, how they just sat in their seat the whole time doing their activities, or napping. Lucy didn't have a single potty accident, and she was only nervous about the airplane toilet the first time.
Spencer loved looking out the window. It was very cute! It's amazing that he did so well for what a busy little boy he is.One side of the aisle.
The other side of the aisle.
This is us waiting for our flight in the Paris airport. The kids were so patient with all the waiting. Before we could even leave Salt Lake they had to fix a problem with our tickets that the person who had booked them had made. It took almost an hour. I was so glad we had gone early.
Ben was by far our best little traveler. He would just work on his activities the whole time. Only asking for help to get something different out of his backpack. He never complained and just dealt with all the hassle. It was amazing!
We were all exhausted when we got to London, but we went to bed early and adjusted well to the time change. Then it was off to see Big Ben. That is what the kids were most excited about....

5 comments:

kecia said...

I have been waiting to hear how this went! Glad...for your sake...it went so well! I am impressed! I can't believe they all did so well! How cute of Ben to be so good and occupy himself so well! Can't wait to see more of the fun!

Julie said...

What an adventure. I'm glad that your kids are such great travelers. I'm very impressed. Can't wait to hear all about the rest of the trip.

Becca B said...

I LOVE London. Can't wait for the parts to come! How wonderful that they did so well for you guys traveling!

Michelle said...

Wow! I'm impressed. Cute photos.

p.s. Next time you go to London I would like to be kid #5. I am a friendly traveler and I don't cry very often.

Recksieks said...

YAY! I am so excited to see all, or most:), of the pictures you took on your fun trip! So fun!!!