Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Black Eyed Pee

Black Eyed Pee pretty much describes our life with Lucy lately. Last week I noticed as I left the house for a walk that her eye was starting to swell. It was first thing in the morning and I have no idea how she did it. She didn't cry or anything. When I asked her what happened she told me that "the little people did it". I assume she means her toys, but who knows. Emma was somewhat jealous because she thinks that Lucy looks like she has eye shadow on.
The other big event has been potty training. I always forget just how much this stinks (literally)! She is finally doing really well being wet trained. The other stuff, not so much. The other problem is that I let her move her little potty into the family room when she first started and I turned on cartoons to help her relax. (This worked with my other kids.) The issue is that now she thinks that she gets to watch tv whenever she goes to the bathroom. This doesn't work well when we aren't at home. Plus she is a little scared of the big potty. It is getting better, but she still doesn't like it. Oh the joys of potty training.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What a cutie! Best wishes with the potty training. :)

Jenni said...

First of all, that post title CRACKED me up. It must be late....

And I loved the eyeshadow bit. Oh, I remember sleeping SO carefully after dance concerts so that the eyeshadow wouldn't wear off for school the next day.

kecia said...

seriously-potty training is my least favorite thing to do-I am glad she is underway!