Friday, August 31, 2007

Okay... Here it goes

Well, since this is my first experience with blogging you will all need to bear with me. Also, just as a permanent disclaimer, I am the worst speller.

I love what Julie says on her blog, that you think you will always remember, but you don't. And yes pregnancy does turn your brain to mush. Unfortunately, I feel like my brain never went back after having my third baby. For the most part my body and my mind have decided that if I am going to put it through this again and again it just isn't going to get any better. So this is a great way to keep in touch with people and share fun stories that I probaby will not remember in 3 hours, let alone in 3 years.

Th e exciting thing in our life right now is our new house. In just a few weeks we will be buying a new house 4 streets away. We are all really excited for the space and Ben and Emma are so excited for a playroom. Ben asks me everyday if when we move to the new house if he can do this or that in the playroom. I may never get him out of there.
Right now we are trying to pick out carpet, paint and all the other things we really want to buy but can't afford just yet. Emma wants pink and brown stripes, Ben wants a blue wall, I want a red wall in the kitchen. Any good suggestions for painting the nursery?

Our other recent excitment was Emma's seventh birthday. Wow! She decided she wanted to have a "spa" party with manicures and pedicures. We kind of planned it late, so I told her that she could invite all 16 little girls she wanted to, thinking of course that there was no way on this earth that all of them would be able to come. Oh silly mother! Only 3 little girls couldn't join us, so we had 14 girls with Emma and it was insane. Thank goodness for my mother, mother-in-law, sister, and sister-in-law, otherwise I probably wouldn't have made it through ten minutes. So I had 5 frantic ladies trying to soak, massage, and paint 280 little fingers and little toes. It was quite a sight. But it was worth it, the girls loved it! And Emma was thrilled. But next year I think we'll cut the guest list back just a little.

Well for my first attempt this wasn't so bad. Hopefully you all enjoyed it... Check back, it should get more exciting as we go along.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I love it, Kirsten. Welcome to the blogging world. It does become quite addicting, but it is fun to keep tabs on everyone. I added you to my list and will check back often. Cute picture of your kids.

beckee said...

Kirsten!

I love that you started a blog! It is such a great way to keep up with everyone when I am so far away! Your kids are SOO cute!

Beckee

kecia said...

way to join the addiction! i now have you as a link on mine!

Jon said...

Howdy, Woodbury clan! Glad everything is going well

Jon Gray