Wednesday, February 8, 2012

2011 Recap

Since I am lame about sending out Christmas cards, I thought I would take a minute and record a quick recap of the exciting year in the Woodbury household.  When I look back and think about this time last year, a lot has changed around here.  It has been a busy year.

Scot's parents left on a mission in late January to the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center in sunny San Diego.  It has been an amazing and very fulfilling experience for them and our whole family.  We were lucky enough to go down and visit them several times.  And since we were already in Southern California, we got Disneyland annual passes and definently got our money out of them.  We made a total of 5 trips to California this year.

Scot and I also had a great opportunity to go with a group from his company on a cruise to Tahiti.  It was amazing and relaxing.  However, it was kind of the last hurrah, since a few weeks after getting back he accepted a new job as a event coordinator for the LDS church. It has been a new adventure.  Since Scot has a little more time on his hands without the travel, we felt like it was time for him to go back to school to get a master's degree. 

There were also big changes for me this year.  In June I was called to be the 2nd counsler in our Relief Society presidency. I was overwhelmed at first but it has become a great joy in my life to serve the sisters in our ward.  We also found out that I was pregnant with our 5th child, due in June of 2012. 

Emma (11) is still growing like a weed. As hard as it is for me to admit, I am sure that she will pass me up before the end of this year.  She only has to inches to go.  She is doing very well is school and has discovered a great love for writing her own stories.  She is also involved in ballet, piano lessons,  and Girl Scouts.

Benjamin (7) is loving school.  He loves to read and has read over 400 books for school this year. He is also taking piano lessons.  He takes great joy in almost everything he does, but his favorite things to do are play the Wii, or computer.
Lucy (4) is such a happy little girl and can almost always make us smile.  She takes ballet and loves it.  She has also been going to preschool and has made a lot of cute little friends.  He favorite things are playing with her friends and anything girly.

Spencer (2) is a very busy little boy.  Earlier this year he broke his leg and it still didn't slow him down.  His big accomplishment for the year was getting potty trained and he loves reminding us that he is a big boy.  His favorite things are dinosaurs and Buzz Lightyear.

Even though we are in a different place than we expected to be one year ago, we are very blessed.  We feel particularly blessed for the inspiration we have received to make the best choices for our family.  Guess we will just have to wait to see what adventures this year holds for our family!

No comments: